Friday, August 21, 2009

Book Reccomendations

As discussed in today's meetings, some of you wanted book suggestions. I am an avid Mystery/Thriller reader with other random books suggested to me.

My favorite authors are Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child:
Thunderhead is my number one favorite. Nora, a female anthropologist discovers mysteries in the Anazazi ruins of New Mexico. It's a page turner! Here are a few other books by them:

Thunderhead, The Ice Limit, Mount Dragon and Riptide

The Relic and Reliquary are the first books of Preston and Child's Pendergast series. Pendergast is an unique FBI agent who is incredibly smart, mysterious and somehow mostly always right when solving his mysteries. It's a mixture of real life situations with a not-so-real life. As you continue reading these series, characters start to intertwine and solve mysteries together. Here is a list of the entire collection in order of reading:

RELIC
Reliquary
Cabinet of Curiosities
Still Life with Crows
Brimstone - Part One of the Diogenes Trilogy
Dance of Death - Part Two of the Diogenes Trilogy
Book of the Dead - Part Three of the Diogenes Trilogy
The Wheel of Darkness
Cemetery Dance

James Patterson is another favorite of mine. He writes the Womens Murder Club series (made into a show but did not last) It's a group of five women, each have different careers and they all solve murder mysteries.

1st to Die, 2nd Chance, 3rd Degrre, 4th of July, The 5th Horseman, The 6th Target, 7th Heaven, 8th Confession.
I haven't read the 8th but I will soon

Carl Haaisen is yet another favorite of mine. His books are mainl based in Florida. He write hillarious books that involve murder mysteries as well. Each book has a character you can laugh at. A list of the ones I have read:

Nature Girl, Skinny Dip, Basket Case, Sick Puppy, Strip Tease, Skin Tight, Double Wahmmy and Tourist Season.

I have a lot more books but I feel like I have taken over much of our blog space. So I'll end at...

The Twilight Saga! A few of us girls are already planning to attending the release of New Moon at the theatres. So I must suggest you read these incase you want to join us as we turn thirteen and play Team Jacob and Team Edward (if you're cool like me, you'll choose Edward) haha!
You may be wondering, "Why will I want to spend my free time reading about teenage vampires...?" I don't know how to answer this except that you will get sucked into each book. Stephanie Meyer is a great writer and she will keep you up til three in the morning reading this books!

Alright ladies, I hope some of you find entertainment in the many books I have listed. Sara, please add these to the newsletter (you may list whatever you want and guide them to this blog for the rest of the books not listed on the newsletter)

Have a good weekend and I hope to see some of you on Monday for Bee Wise Immunize!

-Merlyn Savikko

No comments:

Post a Comment